Thursday, October 9, 2014

HEALTHY BREAKFAST AND LUNCH IDEAS FOR THE GIRL ON THE GO!!

Hey guys welcome! I wanted to share what I've been eating lately to try to lose weight and get healthy. I'm trying to eat more clean, however since I'm a yoyo dieter & get bored easily,  I still keep my sanity by allowing myself to eat a little bit of processed stuff  here and there, mainly in the form of artificial sweeteners. Chemicals over calories right? lol JK! but no really I can't lay off the Aspartame. Anyway, I'm in a hurry to get up and get to work every morning, so I prepare myself a protein shake. Protein shakes/meal replacement drinks are quick and easy to prepare, and taste great. My current fave is GNC's Cookies n Cream Total Lean Shake. It keeps my full for hours and all I do is blend it with ice and almond milk in a Magic Bullet and run out the door. For added sweetness I add 1/2 a banana and it comes out even more yummy!

For Lunch I keep it simple. I prepare a fresh salad the night before usually consisting of romaine lettuce and topped with cherry tomatoes and some sort of fruit. I love cilantro in salads as well. I'm not a dressing person, I really dislike any dressings especially oily ones, however I made my own using lemon juice. I'm not the biggest fan of salads in general due the taste of the greens, but I'm obsessed with strawberries and cilantro and somehow they make the salads more palatable. Making myself a pretty plate also helps with eating salads. If it looks pretty, it will taste great right? So I make myself a little bento box using a Rubbermaid Tupperware and put medium and small sized ones all inside with fruit a healthy side of fruit and homemade dressing like so.


I don't have a photo of my usual dinner because it changes every day but it usually consists of veggies and protein! Thanks for visiting!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment